The following SI workshops are available online for individual study at a time to suit you.
- Business websites for busy indexers (Tutor: Jan Worrall) Marketing your freelance business online is vital in this digital age, but if you’re hesitant about embarking on building your own website, this workshop will take you through the whole process. It includes Powerpoint format material and optional Skype tutorial support.
- MS Word embedded indexing (Tutors: various) Now compulsory for Student Members enrolled on the SI training course, this workshop will be invaluable for indexers needing to update their skills to cope with new demands from clients. It is delivered in Powerpoint format and includes practical exercises and video demonstrations of processes.
- Indexing Basics (Tutor: Jan Worrall) This workshop is aimed at those considering an indexing career or embarking on the first module of the training course. It is delivered in Powerpoint format and includes practical exercises and tutor support.
- How to edit an index: creating order out of chaos (Tutor: Ann Hudson) Indexers at all stages of their careers will benefit from enrolling on this workshop. It is delivered in Powerpoint format and includes practical exercises and tutor support.
- Writing index entries: finding the words (Tutor: Ann Hudson) This workshop will help both new and more experienced indexers in the task that is at the heart of the indexing process – choosing headings that are as clear and useful as possible to the index users. It is delivered in Powerpoint format and includes practical exercises and tutor support.
For prices and how to book, go to the prices and booking page.