Membership Grade: Professional Member
I am an Accredited Indexer, qualified with the Society of Indexers (SI) in 2018. With double post-graduate degrees in Science, one with a research background in Immunology, I have 5+ years of experience indexing academic books. Although my professional background has been in Science, I enjoy indexing works in diverse subject areas and have had the opportunity to index books in Humanities, Literature, Philosophy and Social Sciences. I work for self-publishing authors, publishers and E-publishing companies, preparing back-of-the-book indexes from PDFs and embedded indexes in MS Word, and welcome commissions for both.
1. An Encyclopedia of Human Rights in the United States
2. Working Americans 1880-2017 Volume VIII: Immigrants
3. This is Who We Were: In The 2000s
4. The Making of a Protest Movement in Turkey
5. Inquiring into Animal Enhancement: Model or Countermodel of Human Enhancement?
1. Principles of Programming and Coding
2. Metagility: Managing Agile Development for Competitive Advantage
3. Intelligence Communication in the Digital Era: Transforming Security, Defence and Business
1. Public Choice Economics and the Salem Witchcraft Hysteria
2. Economic Inequality and Policy Control in the United States
3. The Times They Are A Changin’: The Effect of Institutional Change on Cooperative Behaviour at 26,000 ft over Sixty Years
4. Localizing Global Finance: The Rise of Western-Style Private Equity in China
5. Inequalities During and After Transition in Central and Eastern Europe
6. The Dialectic of Taste
1. Comics, the Holocaust and Hiroshima
2. British Intelligence and Hitler’s Empire in the Soviet Union, 1941–1945
3. Working Americans 1880-2017 Volume VIII: Immigrants
4. This is Who We Were: In The 2000s
MSc. Zoology, 2001
BSc. Zoology, 1999
I have worked on Embedded Indexing projects for Anthem Press and Cambridge University Press.
I have proof read Science books for CRC Press --Taylor and Francis.
I have created abstracts for over 100 articles for Wolters Kluwer journals.
I have handled two projects for permission clearance for Oxford University Press, UK, and have managed three projects that involved development of online trackers for submission of manuscripts in development stages for Oxford University Press, US.
Training In Indexing
I have trained new appointees in indexing processes and also streamlined the process while working previously for an E-publishing company. (See LinkedIn profile for details.)
I was a teacher and trainer in Practical Cell Biology for undergraduate students at the University of Alberta in Canada. I have trained undergraduate students from different academic institutions in India on the practical applications of Bioinformatics.
Recent indexes include
Jill E. Anderson and Melanie R. Anderson, Shirley Jackson and Domesticity: Beyond the Haunted House, Bloomsbury Publishing, January 2020
Anthem Press, Bloomsbury Publishing, Grey House Publishing, J. Ross Publishing, Palgrave MacMillan, People's Medical Publishing House (PMPH, USA), Routledge, Springer Publishing Company, Self publishers.
Special Publication Type
1. Critical Survey of World Literature – Third Ed.
2. An Encyclopedia of Human Rights in the United States
3. Encyclopedia of African-American Writing
4. Critical Survey of Graphic Novels: Heroes and Superheroes – Second Ed.