So you think you can index?
As part of #indexday this year we are holding a competition for amateur indexers. See if you have what it takes to become an indexer.
To enter, index our leaflet Last but not least and send your entry to us.
On #indexday itself (31st March) look out for tips and resources on indexing.
- There will be one winner who will win free access to our online Indexing Basics Workshop. There is no cash alternative.
- The competition is open to anyone who is not a member of an indexing society and is not working (and has never worked) as an indexer in a professional capacity
- The competition runs from 25th March to 3rd April. All entries must be submitted during this period
- The index is subject to a maximum length of one A4 page, two columns, in 10pt or larger font
- Alphabetical order can be either letter-by-letter or word-by-word but must be applied consistently
- Subheadings should be set out below the main headings. Run-on paragraph style is not permitted (explanation of this is given in the leaflet!)
- Entries must be submitted in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries submitted after the closing date and/or not conforming to the style rules will not be considered
- The prize winner will be announced week commencing 6th April
- The decision of the judges is final